I had some serious belly pain a few Friday nights ago. Over the course of that night, pain radiated down to my lower right belly. Freaking out over how uncomfortable I was (worse than child birth!) our good friend and nurse checked on me Saturday @1pm saying she was taking me to the ER. William kept our 3 kids, "E", and her 4 kids at home while we made a beeline to the hospital.
Poking, prodding, CT scans, blood work, etc... Insane pain! I got admitted with possible Appendicitis. The doctor, whom I might add was a real @$$ (grrrr), didn't think it was my appendix, thinking I had a bladder infection, though my appendix was enlarged. I had to stay through Monday afternoon, getting blood drawn every 4 hours, BP checked, poked... ugh! Still not 100% on his diagnoses, as if I did have an infection, my blood work would have shown it but he claimed it was "prefect", I got to leave with minimal pain. The morphine I got twice just about killed me, causing extreme pressure in my chest, down to my elbows and up the left side of my neck. The second pain medicine almost crushed my chest! I was in tears, crying about how I felt my chest was collapsing :( Crazy nurse was too into being funny and chatting to William and Donna. Trial and error lead to 1,000mg of Tylenol every 4 hours... whew! I could breathe and my headaches started going away :)
Sitting in my room was boring, but I did get to rest a lot in between nurses/doctors checking on me.
Here are a few pics I snapped... my phone charger didn't reach, so I had minimal battery life throughout the day lol
IV fun...
My wall board...
The hospital gave me a quiet kit, full of cute items, lotions, chap stick (very appreciated since I wasn't even showed ice chips), ear plugs, eye mask, etc...
Selfie lol
This IV drove me nuts!
Glad I kept my Appendix and the pain went away. Very thankful for my husband for being Mommy and Daddy, making sure our kids were happy and calm. Thankful for the prayers and well wishes from family and friends... means more than anything that I can count on people to support me :)





2 comments:
How do you manage to still be beautiful in the hospital?? I'm so glad you're okay now.
Hahaha I didn't feel pretty at all lol Thanks!
Post a Comment