Monday, December 1

Love my Job

Opportunity knocked on our door, literally, back in August. We live in the middle of nowhere, so when a woman came to our door asking if we watched kids our ears perked up quickly!
The little house at the end of our dead end road was to be occupied by a single mom and her 2 year old son. This woman at the door heard about my skills with kids and came to chat, hoping to set up a babysitter. William and I were floored and of course excited to meet "L" and her little guy "E".
They moved in the first week of September. To say he's cute is an understatement! What a doll and definitely full of energy lol
I started babysitting him early September, 3 days one week, 4 the next. Since we're such a busy family and always have "extra" kids here throughout the week, having little "E" here has been pretty easy. I will say, I am EXTREMELY thankful for the wonderful three children we have... guess you don't realize how great you have it until compared to others :)
Dannen took a while to adjust to not being the youngest in the house... learning I had to give "E" my full attention was rough, since I couldn't give 100% of my time just to my own kids. Sharing toys, getting his booster seat moved in the van, etc. was and still is sometimes interesting lol
Kaylie likes to take on a "I'm in charge" roll when he's around, doing "big girl" things since I do have to focus more on younger activities. She's been great keeping Dannen entertained and spending quality time together.
Makenzie is "E's" best buddy... he loves her and lets her mommy him... she always asks to hold him, play, sit by, you name it! Pretty funny to see her actions toward him and think of how sweet she was/is to her own little brother.
I'm so glad to have a job that pays well doing what I do best... caring for kids :) I can still be a mommy to my three loves while keeping him safe, loved and enjoying new experiences!
 
It's been fun adding "E" to our daily activities! I also watch a 5th grader with Aspergers 2 days/week after school for 2 hours, pick up and watch a 4th grader once a week for an hour after school, and during soccer season, pick up 1-2 kids for practices... LOVE LOVE LOVE being able to spend time with kids :)

1 comment:

bluiis said...

E is absolutely precious! I'm glad you get to care for him as well as other children. I bet you're awesome.